Equipment Checkout and Editing Lab Info "The White Card"
Equipment and facilities are to be used for MEDIA ARTS coursework ONLY.
Hours of Operation:*
Monday - Thursday: 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Saturday: 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Sunday: 12:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
*Lab and equipment room will be closed as posted on holidays. Hours will be scaled back between sessions as posted.
- Use SDXC cards Speed Class UHS3.
- Jump Drives and Hard Drives MUST be scanned each time you enter the lab.
- All equipment must be checked in no later than 30 minutes prior to closing time.
- If you encounter a problem with a computer or equipment, use helpdesk.mediaarts.unt.edu or the helpdesk shortcut on the lab computers' desktops to report it. If we don't know there's a problem we cannot address it. Help us keep things running.
- Equipment can be reserved by going to checkout.unt.edu.
- Arrangements for overnight checkouts must be made at least 24-48 hours in advance via checkout, plus you must email your instructor for approval. Weekend checkout requests are due by 5:00 p.m. on Friday. If notice is not sent to MRTSequipment@unt.edu by your instructor within the specified time frame, the overnight/weekend/extended checkout will not be authorized. NO EXCEPTIONS.
NOTICE: The Student agrees to retain sole possession of equipment s/he signed for and not lend nor give the equipment to any other person for any reason. The student is responsible for returning the equipment by the date/time specified when checking out the gear. Any equipment not returned within two weeks from the check out date will be charged to the student at fair market value.
Late Returns/Abuse Checkout Policy
Any report of a late equipment return, or other violations of departmental procedure relative to the use of equipment or facilities (including unauthorized check out), may affect your final course grade (point deductions are determined by your instructor). Offenders will suffer increasingly stronger penalties and be denied the use of equipment and/or facilities based on the following schedule:
- 1st infraction: 1 week loss of equipment/facility use; Single Overnights ONLY
- 2nd infraction: 3 week loss of equipment/facility use; Loss of Overnight Privileges
- 3rd infraction: Loss of all equipment/facility use privileges for the remainder of the semester in all MEDIA ARTS classes.
The Student is responsible for any loss or damage to the equipment during the time the equipment is checked out in her/his name, whether such damage is caused by the student.
Important Phone Numbers / Email addresses:
940.565.4123 / MRTSequipment@unt.edu
Editing Lab Front Desk