SUMMER 2024 - ALL MAJORS ELIGIBLE
Faculty Leader: Phyllis Slocum -- Media Arts
London is one of the most exciting global media cities and Great Britain is home to one of the most progressive broadcasting, film, and theatre industries in the world. Study Abroad based in London introduces you to the culture and history of Britain through excursions to Brighton, The Globe, Stonehenge and much more. The UNT experience includes living with a British family which makes you part of the culture, not just a tourist. Plus, there is the opportunity for travel across Great Britain and Europe. You'll be able to learn and understand the impact British broadcasting and media has had on the media culture in the United States.
Studies in Contemporary British Broadcasting & History of British Broadcasting
London is a global media hub for the international community. You will have the opportunity explore the role British media has historically played as an influence on U.S. media development by seeing, hearing, and being in the places that have given Americans the media freedoms they enjoy. You will be in a creative environment to see and explore contemporary British media as it relates to entertainment, news, sport, theatre, and all forms of communication. London, with both historic and contemporary elements, makes it the place to be for an immersion experience in media.
START PLANNING NOW
IN PERSON INFORMATION MEETINGS
- Tuesday, Sept. 19, 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. | RTFP 248
- Wednesday, Sept. 20, 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. | RTFP 248
- Tuesday, Oct. 10, 9:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. | RTFP 248
- Thursday, Oct. 19, 9:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. | RTFP 248
ZOOM INFORMATION MEETINGS
- Monday, Sept. 25, 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. | https://unt.zoom.us/j/86343321800
- Tuesday, Sept. 26, 9:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. | https://unt.zoom.us/j/89443438926
- Friday, Sept. 30, 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. | https://unt.zoom.us/j/82743296783
Can't make these dates? Contact Phyllis Slocum@unt.edu.