Friday, May 11, 2018 - 18:00
- Restless Soul (30 minutes) by Bokyung Choi
- Capturing an improvising musician and composer expressing spontaneous sound reflected in his mind, body, and spirit.
- World Life (10 minutes) by Cyuzuzo Ingabire
- International students seeking an education, home, and career face uncertainty with U.S. immigration laws. But there's an organization willing to open up and welcome them into the community.
- Her Name Was (30 minutes) by Sergio Almendariz
- An examination of the oppression of transgender people in a society built on the normalization of cisgender people, those whose gender identity matches their sex assigned at birth. This documentary pulls back the curtain as it captures the feelings and struggles of the transgender community as they attempt to navigate and survive in a cis dominating society.
- FLAT! (30 minutes) by Barry Thornburg
- Thriving on controversial and provocative messaging, Patrick Burke tries to save the world from the corrupt powers that allegedly want us to believe the earth is round. This film comments on the rising anti-establishment and anti-elite movement in the United States from the perspective of one who goes to an extreme to subscribe to it.
- Tales of My Cities (40 minutes) by Sunil Kilaru
- A poetic observation of life in the cities of Hyderabad and Secunderabad, India. The documentary is an intimate first-person exploration of the culture in these cities. The viewer should find a surreal peace in the life and atmosphere of the cities where life extends from centuries old traditions to the current hi-tech pace of life.