The Department of Media Arts invites applications for an Assistant Professor of Media Industry Studies in a tenure-track position beginning September 1, 2019. We are looking for a dynamic and innovative scholar who can enrich and expand our existing strengths in Media Industry Studies. We welcome applications from scholars with a broad range of specializations and methodological approaches. We are interested in recruiting candidates who demonstrate commitment to the highest standards of scholarship, teaching, and professional activity consistent with a Research I/Tier I university. UNT is located in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex, which offers one of the fastest growing cultural and creative economies in the United States.
Media Arts is composed of an engaged and growing group of accomplished faculty scholars and creative professionals, and is committed to the development of a campus climate that supports diversity, equity, and inclusion. As one of the largest and most active programs in the College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences, the Department of Media Arts offers B.A., M.A., and M.F.A. degrees. The department houses a PEG TV station and a 100,000-watt radio station.
The successful candidate will design and teach undergraduate and graduate courses in the area of Media Industry Studies and prepare students for a range of career paths related to the media industries, media management, the creative economy, and academia. In addition, the candidate will be required to develop a nationally recognized research program consistent with the standards of a Tier 1 Research institution; serve on department, college, and university committees; and mentor and direct master students and thesis committees.
- A Ph.D. in Media Studies, Communications, or a related discipline completed by the time of appointment
- Evidence of a program of sustained scholarship and an active research agenda
- Successful teaching experience at the university level
- Ability to work effectively with an ethnically, culturally, and economically diverse campus community
- Interest in developing and teaching master's level online courses in Media Management and Leadership
Please send the following materials for initial review: Apply online - Job number: 6002037
- Cover letter relating your experience and interests to the required qualifications
- Curriculum vitae
- Contact information for three references
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. To be assured of full consideration, application materials are due by October 1st, 2018.
University of North Texas is an AA/ADA/EOE.