Highlights of the festival's second day:
- Industry Panel
- Script Gallery
UNT on the Square, 109 N. Elm St. in Denton will be the site of the Industry Panel discussion at 6:00 p.m., featuring:
- Micah Autry, AUME Motion Arts
- A native of Houston, Autry graduated with an RTVF degree from UNT in 2015. He directed a short film titled Labels during his senior year of high school and it became an official selection for the 2012 SXSW festival. After high school, he worked as a music video director before opening AUME Motion Arts which is a full service Fort Worth-based multimedia production and branding company. He has produced corporate projects for SMU, Just Fab, WEBUYHOUSES.com, and Chick-fil-A to name a few.
- Josh Gilbert, screenwriter & UNT adjunct professor
- Chad Mathews, festival & film director
- Mathews is a Texas native who earned a BS in RTVF from TCU. After starting his career as an actor in Los Angeles, he expanded his outlook to include behind-the-camera production work, film festival operations, and education. As a writer/director, Mathews has produced several short films and a number of feature length scripts, such as Love Sick Lonnie (2014) and Detention. He also founded the Hill Country Film Festival in Fredericksburg.
- Jamie Paxton Morey, vice president of development & executive producer
- During more than 14 years in television, Morey has developed a wide variety of unscripted TV shows including: You Can't Turn that Into a House for FYI, Lone Star Restoration for History Channel, Grizzly Uprising for Animal Planet, Fat Guys in the Woods for The Weather Channel, Escaping Polygamy for LMN, and Addicted for Discovery Channel. She also worked on the production team for three seasons of MTV's Laguna Beach and has composed music for more than 20 different TV series.
- Rijaa Nadeem, AMS Pictures producer
- Born and raised in Pakistan, Nadeem moved to Texas and studied film at UTA before actively pursuing a career in film. She has made a number of shorts that have screened at Indie Demand Film Festival, Kashish Film, Texas Women Film Festival, Videofest, and Cannes. She currently works as a producer for Murder Made Me Famous and Scandal Made Me Famous which air on the Reelz channel.
Then at 7:30 p.m., there will be a Script Gallery of:
- 3 Scenes on Fire -- Kenneth Severson
- Blood is Thicker than Whiskey -- Andrew Valentine
- Grasping Time -- Shamari Burgett-Jefferson
- Honorary Discharge -- Taylor Renee Worst
- How to Talk to Girls -- Christian Ayala
- Sara -- Rodger Woodruff III
- Today -- Miranda Tamez
Screenings at 8:10 p.m. will feature:
- Cacti (2:47) -- submitted by Andrew Valentine; Zachary Taylor, director of photography; Brennan Pierce, producer
- Stop, Drop, and Roll (5:00) -- submitted by Samuel Decker; Sunny Perera, co-writer/director
- Public Access (23:43) -- submitted by Robbie Janney; Brian Welch & Tony Casillas, co-writers/directors