A six episode series titled Face the Generation was created by Carol Cornsilk's video production class (MARTS 3230.001) during the spring 2016 semester.
The series will premiere on ntTV on Friday, May 6, at 4:00 p.m. The half-hour episodes will be run in one-hour blocks from 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 pm on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays for several months.
The series -- hosted by Matt Luna, Kelsey Solis, and Quinnece Walker -- covers subjects of concern to millennials and feature a variety of opinions on each topic:
1. Digital Technology -- highlights the different ways millenials use online technology, as well as breaking the stigma that millenials are "mindlessly obsessed with technology." Features segments on how digital technology can connect but also isolate, online dating and how-to prep your LinkedIn profile for job hunting.
- Producer: Jenna Anderson, Director: Bruce Crawford, Co-Producer/Associate Director: Jeffrey Orth.
2. Self-Fulfillment -- features millennials discussing what they find self-fulfilling from creating art, to leadership and entrepreneurship. What are millennial views on the importance of self-sufficiency and how does that intersect with self-fulfillment?
- Producer: Nathan Collins, Director: Justin Pemberton, Co-Producer: Andrew Herring
3. Politics -- showcases the millennial perspective on what is important to the generation politically, considers the stereotypes about the generation's political involvement and inspires democratic involvement.
- Producer: Brian Frazier, Director: Zak Powell, Co-Producer/Associate Director: Randi Stockton
4. The Creative Process -- How do millennials express their creativity? How has digital technology impacted and influenced the creative process for the millennial generation? What new forms of art are now emerging through the millennial generation?
- Producer: Matt Luna, Director: Daniel Porter, Co-Producer/Associate Director: Nicole Ayala
5. Media Representation -- takes a look at how millennials view and seek to change media representations of diverse groups.
- Producer: Abby Villareal, Director: Jacqueline Sisser, Co-Producer/Associate Director: Kelsey Solis
6. Pros and Cons of the College Investment -- explores diverse perspectives on the varied investments necessary to get a college degree and whether that investment is worth it in the long run.
- Producer: Kaitlyn Emery, Director: Dalton Ibarra, Co-Producer/Associate Director: Quinnece Walker