- Why did the Department change its name from "Radio, Television and Film" to Media Arts?
The faculty wanted a name that was more reflective of the 21st century. The Department had for years expanded teaching and research beyond just radio, television and film. The new name reflects a broader mission and encompasses an evolving, digital environment.
- Will my degree name change to Media Arts?
No, not at this time. In the future the name of the RTVF degree may change to Media Arts or some other name. Your degree is based on the catalog of the year you entered UNT.
- Does the name change mean the Department will no longer teach radio, television or film courses?
No, we will continue to teach these legacy areas while at the same time expanding in to new areas like we have already done with social media.
- What other changes might be associated with the name change?
You will see our web site, social media sites, letterhead and email address all change quickly to Media Arts. There will eventually be changes in some courses, and perhaps some course titles going forward.
- What if I have other questions about the name change?
Stop by our main office at RTFP 262, call us at 940.565.2537, or email us at MediaArts@unt.edu.